At Park Dental Company we take all complaints very seriously. We want to ensure that all patients are happy with the service that they receive here. When patients complain our aim is to deal with the complaint courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaints about a service to be handled. We want to learn from every complaint respond to patients’ concerns in a caring, sensitive and confidential way.
- The person responsible in this practice for dealing with any complaint is Jeremy Wiewiorka, the Practice Manager.
- If a patient makes a complaint, we will listen to his or her complaint and offer to refer him or her to Jeremy Wiewiorka immediately. If Jeremy Wiewiorka is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when she/he will be able to talk to Jeremy Wiewiorka and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
- If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed immediately to Jeremy Wiewiorka.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist concerned, unless the patient does not wish this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within two working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to him or her on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing to the patient immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
- If patients are not satisfied with the results of our procedure then a complaint may be made to the following: